Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2024

Girls Night

 Tuesday nights have become a little tradition this month for me hanging out with the two grands. Julia and Michael went to the temple and I had a lemonade tea party with the girls and then we played bingo. My good friend Gayla Allen (who lived in our ward many years ago) has a family/personal history expertise business and sends Tuesday emails of encouragement. She sent this cute Springtime Bingo with very few words - mostly pictures, perfect for the girls.

The night was lots of fun and I savored the hugs and "I love you" from the girls as I know this unconditional love given from little children does not last into puberty. Three years is a long time to be gone. I forgot to bring my iPad with read-along stories, so we made up stories as they laid in bed - which I discovered is NOT relaxing. Those girls were hopping up and using their imaginations until their parents came home a little after nine o'clock.  Who knew that being read to is more soporific than their own imaginations?  Good times.




A big full moon guided me home


No comments: