Pages

Wednesday, May 8, 2024

London - Should have been on my bucket list

 We haven't even been here 24 hours and already I know this is a grand city! I have read stories about London and have read history about England but actually being in this city is fabulous. 

Last night Jeffrey and I walked across the Thames and saw Big Ben and the historic buildings all around this part of town. We felt the vitality and great diversity of people who gather here.

I sent a picture to Rachel of the view outside of my hotel window and Rachel immediately recognized "London Eye". I'm not sure why I wasn't aware of this attraction or had even noticed it in London pictures before. Now I'm in the know and have actually seen it myself. Jeffrey tells me that many shows/movies with London have a shot of the "London Eye". 

This ferris wheel type of platform, lets people walk around and take pictures




Of course, Big Ben has been famous to me since my childhood. Lots of stories with Big Ben in them - like Peter Pan etc. 



Actually walking around with all the other tourists and busy Londoners is really where the vitality of this city comes from. It should be on your own bucket list as there isn't any way to tell or show you how cool this city really is. Who knew?

No comments: