Pages

Monday, August 9, 2021

Promise Dumevi's New Idea

 Trouser Carrier

Promise Dumevi

Brother Dumevi's wife is working in the hospital. Visiting, gave him an idea for a business. He brought me a trouser carrier that his daughter uses at the hospital or clinic when she is weighed. He told me they use these carriers when the baby can hold their head up until the are two or able to walk up on weigh scales.

 The trouser carrier is hung on a hook with a scale that slides down for the weight. One lady said that they weigh fish with this type of scale, I noted they are similar to the weights used in the produce section.

I got this picture off of the internet when I put trouser carrier for baby weighing.

Making the Trouser Carrier

 Dumevi brought material, batting, strap length, and thread. He said the instructions were online on YouTube. I looked it up and did exactly what it said except I made my own pattern from his trouser carrier. (That is actually when I found out what it is called).

Trouble, trouble and frustration. My sewing machine does not like to quilt!! My machine rejects batting frequently. Everything else was easy and straightforward. It is only because I love Dumevi that I finished battling the machine and batting.
The Pattern and cutting the material is not difficult or takes much thought. The machine snapping thread twice or more a seam was the frustrating. Even making my own bias tape was not difficult.
Here is the finished product.....but I had suggestions for Dumevi and the sustainability of this product idea. 

I sewed up another without bias tape or batting and told him that I could sew that one in less than 1/2 an hour, instead of the continuing problems with the first one and I felt it would hold a child just as well - and actually wouldn't be so bulky.

So now he is in business. He will go around to the different hospitals and see if the mothers would like to buy his trouser carriers.



 

No comments: