Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2022

She has a name

 It took awhile for Kelsi and Nate to decide on a name for their little girl. She was born on Monday night and it wasn't until about two hours before they left on Wednesday afternoon that they decided that Emma Rose Adams would be her name.


They hung out in the hospital room on Tuesday while Emma had all kinds of tests and procedures that are typical for a newborn. I spent quite a bit of time holding the new baby, but went home early to play with the other grands. 

I had decided to get chicken nuggets but couldn't find the fast food place and my map was telling me I had to go 28 miles - I don't think so!

Hey Winco popped up on the corner, so I stopped in and bought lots of snack foods like pretzels, chips, hummus, bean dips and of course chicken nuggets and chicken. I did thrown in grapes and tangerines to be healthy. 

Dani Bettridge was such a trouper! She took the Jayson to school, helped the other two with their homework while continually doing laundry loads and dishwasher loads, keeping the house clean and checking on the children's eyes to help them heal from the pink-eye infection. They got better quickly because of her zealous watch.

When they moved to a regular room, Nate was given the other bed to sleep in.



There is something in my heart watching my son with his daughter

This was such a wonderful experience to see the birth of a baby. The miracle that happens over and over is still a miracle - of life, hope, and expectation. 

I am so grateful that Kelsi asked me to come and share this experience. I held her hand on one side while Nate held her hand on the other. The nurses, doctor, and aide were all women. Who knows what other women from the other side were there too.

Joy and thankfulness fill my heart.



No comments: