Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2024

It's All Done!

 The yards and outside house painting is all done! I think it looks great and it is so nice to have something completed. Done. Finished. I think it looks great and we've had a few neighbors who have thanked us for getting the job done......I think it adds to their property value....still I am happy to be a good looking neighbor now.

Home Sweet Home

I like the crisp, clean look of the dark blue

The inside is still a work in progress. Dan has assured us he will be done with his part on Monday. He said he'd stay late if it wasn't done. The next Thursday we have the packers coming to pack the Accra unit for shipping, then on Friday and Saturday they will pack up our house for storage.  I think Jeffrey said Allied is coming. After we leave, Rob will have painters come in for the inside painting and he will make sure the finishing touches i.e. the faucets work and any little things that need to be done before renting.

Andrew is the only one in the family that will see all the completed work! He will stay in June until he goes for the family reunion - well, sibling reunion. Rob will then have the house cleaned and the Villars will move in!

My friend asked how I feel --- well --

Happy and excited - to go to Accra, to have the outside of the house look so good.

Frustrated - the kitchen and windows are not done, the details to work out haven't all worked out i.e. phone, cat placement, banking, etc., etc. 

Lucky - how many people get this opportunity to visit other places and have adventures? Not a lot. 

Thankful - The Lord has really been blessing us with little answers every day, with this opportunity and challenge.

A little sad - to not see the grands and my friends for so long. the fact that my house will be all shiny and new and I won't see or stay in it.

Glad - that I have children, grandchildren, good friends and siblings and relatives. Glad that we have the chance to see London, Zimbabwe, Africa in different countries, and a chance to do good for someone.

And finally a little stressed to get done with the sorting, deciding, and packing up. I am praying all goes well on Thursday through Saturday of next week......I talk in church tomorrow. I hope no one expects a long talk from me.....God is in the details.



No comments: