Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Taking Time

Only four months until I graduate (can you hear me knocking on wood) and every once in a while I look up and feel like a freight train is bearing down and I have to start running or get run over.

So I'm taking a few minutes to tell you two stories that have made an impact this week. First of all my nephew Elder Lore is serving in Boliva and tells this story:

Stories – True Stories
From Elder Lore: Thanks Linda. Of course, you can share the story with whoever you want. It`s pretty cool down here in Bolivia. God`s definitely directing the work, we`re just doing our best to be effective out here...
Elder Lore
March 4, 2019 “...The other thing is that I learned an important lesson about the priesthood. More than just being worthy, you also have to have the right reason when you use the priesthood. If your heart isn ́t in the right place, you can ́t use the priesthood with power. My experience with was stopping rain. We were in a lesson, and it started to rain super hard; they have a tin roof, so it became basically impossible to hear. I used the priesthood to make the rain stop, and it worked. When it did, I started thinking about how it was really cool and I could share it with other people. Just like that, my purpose changed, and the rain started again. Right off the bat, I recognized that it was because of my reason that it stopped. I changed my reason back to focusing on the lesson, and it stopped again. From this, I learned that it ́s important to have your heart in the right place, too.
That ́s about it from this week.”

My second story:
Odysseus died, I found him under a tree hard and stiff. I asked Jeffrey if he could bury him and he agreed. Odysseus has been with us for quite a few years and has been an excellent mouser and loyal friend. Jeffrey went out, mowed the lawn, dug a hole while listening to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. He said the minuet he scooped Odysseus up bagpipes playing "Amazing Grace" came on while he buried our pet.

Early days when he was young 

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

Sorry about Odysseus. I am so glad you shared the story anout the priesthood. I had never thought about that before.