Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2019

What is going on in life?

For Relief Society today we have been urged to write our personal history. Most of my life history is in various digital forms and isn’t organized.
I will have to think just how I would want my continuous story organized...without out going on and on....but give interesting facts......uh interesting is so subjective...


I think I will write about last week.

I arrived in San Diego and met up with the Stewarts. It was so good to see them again and enjoy the ocean.

We went for a long walk on the pier and got caught up on our lives a little. Dr. and Sister Stewart have an ongoing relationship with the mission department as they work to help the incoming missionaries with dental problems. Right now they are concerned with missionaries from the South Pacific islands.

On the way down the freeway, we stopped in Old Town San Diego and had a fresh tortilla right off the grill:
Old Town San Diego

Ladies making fresh tortillas in the restaurant - delicious!


Two mornings Sister Stewart and I walked down the sidewalk next to the beach, while Dr. Stewart and his son David went surfing. The weather was fantastic!
Pipe beach in Encinitas
  
Sister Stewart told me she had dedicated the next 72 hours to make sure I had a good time. Wow! Is that a normal thing to do when a friend visits? I have never visited a friend before just to visit. Usually, I visit in conjunction with an errand, event, or something else. I definitely will have to keep that in mind when I have a friend over. I sure loved the little tray with water, kleenex, chocolate candy. That was a great touch!


We went to see the flower fields and just enjoyed the nursery
I told Sister Stewart that I like nature and watching animals. She studied up on what was around in that area and off we went to visit a butterfly farm, aquarium, flower farm and walks on the beach. She had lots of ideas and we went with plan A, then B, then C depending on traffic and just what we decided to do.   She told me we could go on kayaks on the ocean but I'll have to save that for another visit.  I had a slight headache and just wanted to take it easy.  So I'd just enjoy her balcony for a few hours every day, reading and putting a picture book together and then going out on little adventures.
Visiting a butterfly farm

The aquarium was so cool and the seahorses were amazing. This seahorse floats around looking like leaves.

We went out to eat almost every meal. I enjoyed it all but especially the Vietnamese Spring Rolls!! I almost didn't get a picture because they were so delicious and eaten fast.

Rice wrapped with lettuce, a thin slice of roast beef (?), three shrimp on top and clear rice sheet wrapping it all together. It is the peanut sauce that makes it fantastic!





























When we went to a Vietnamese restaurant in the Philippines together, Sister Stewart told me that the Pho bowls were better in America. Ever since I had wanted to know why because they were wonderful trying them for the first time in the Philippines. Now I can't wait to find a Vietnamese restaurant here in Concord. This food is really, really good!

I really had a wonderful time relaxing and just reaching a zen feeling. We talked about our different buckets - #1 is the things that have to be done for survival and each bucket represents what comes after survival. Sister Stewart said she wanted me to reach for the fourth bucket level. I'm wondering what is in that bucket?

No comments: