Pages

Sunday, February 2, 2020

A Few Coincidences

A person I was talking to the other day believes that when I ask God for blessings and get them that it is only a coincidence that I got what I needed. Knowing your prayers are answered and explaining it to someone else can be tricky.
I caught a cold last on Saturday night, so I didn't go to the store until later in the week. No trip with Laura as we usually do. I drove over Bailey Road and came over the hill to see all the cars in the other lane were stopped waiting for my side to pass. I had noted no flagman on our side, just some road re-paving being done. "Nice," I thought, to miss the long wait. As I came around the bend and down into Pittsburg I thought I ought to slow down as the road changes to 30 mph. I then passed a police officer standing between two cars with her radar gun out. "Very nice," I thought, to miss out on a ticket. Some idiot was weaving between cars to get somewhere in a hurry and just missed clipping a truck on his way to an exit. I'm so glad to have missed witnessing or being in an accident. For some reason, Winco was light on customers instead of the usual crowds. So nice, when I'm not quite up to par. How would I explain that I felt the hand of God in a really ordinary day? Just a few coincidences. I count on those coincidences. Daily.

No comments: