Pages

Friday, May 29, 2020

Best Energy boost in the world

I made granola this morning right after taking the packages to the post office. No extra stops, rooms to wander or other errands jumping in the way.  I cannot believe the difference in my outlook today after the grands left yesterday afternoon.
Debbie and the kids made a quick trip down because the mercury was hovering around 100 and their air-conditioning didn't work. That constitutes an emergency, so they came to visit for the day and night!!!!
My energy is up, my outlook is good, I am productive and useful - all because the kids came and let me give them hugs, answer questions and just hung around for a little less than 24 hours. 

As a family they always read the Book of Mormon before bedtime. Corina will be turning six and can read her own verses. Oliver jumps up and down between them and James sometimes crawls around their laps or the floor. All of them listen, so when they get older these words and stories are familiar to them.

Corina will be starting school in the fall. She is already reading chapter books like the Narnia series. She is smart and inquisitive. My pictures of Oliver didn't turn out well, so next time I'll aim for a good 
shot of him.


Oliver is active, loves trucks and dinosaurs and watches people. He is quick to smile and give hugs.

Catching James smile is tricky as he is always on the go. Usually I get a side shot or his head. Here is almost a full smile. It sure lights up my heart when he does!

I am finding that buying granola in bulk and making little batches are much different things. My appreciation for many little things is growing during this pandemic. I do wonder what life will be like on the flip side.

No comments: