Pages

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Friday to Monday with Grands

 Last Friday I went up to Sacramento to spend the weekend with Matthew and Debbie 's children. Debbie had an opportunity to go back to her mission field in Minnesota and meet with a man who lives in Kenya and tour around with her missionary companion. 

They warned me ahead of time that the children had all been ill. They coughed the entire time I was there. We left Jeffrey at home because he has other things and people to visit and did not want to get sick.  I decided to chance it and went up. What a delightful trip it was. The children were so cooperative and nice to each other. Playing games and helping each other. Oliver one night ran to get some Vaseline and put it on James’ lips when they got dry. 


They are very talented and creative and could find things to do all the time. Reading, drawing, games, building, playing together or separately.  We went biking for half an hour in the sunshine and Corina rode on nine different types of transportation. 

 

On one of the days, Oliver, I and Corina were watching YouTube at airplanes that landed in the water and took off in the water and then we found an airplane from China that was to take care of emergencies and it could hold up to 50 people and it was really cool to watch it drive down into the water and then take off and then land again. So, Oliver made a Lego airplane that could land in the water and take off and it was really cool. His frustration came when it would break as he flew it around – and also broke at his siblings’ hands. The kids are great, not perfect. 


It was just really nice watching all the children do different things that were very creative. 

The most sublime part of the trip was on Sunday when Matthew prepared a sacrament meeting, he blessed and served us all the sacrament and then he talked about the power of prayer, and he told a story about Aunt Susan in prayer. He had a couple of stories and then he had me tell a story about prayer and it was just awesome to watch my son be such a good dad with his kids.


I had a really delightful time as those children are just wonderful. it was really sad that Matt got ill too. He came home from work Friday night; he was very sick but he carried on anyway. He spent most of the weekend in his room, but he did come out on Sunday to wear a mask and lead some music or direct some music so that so that they will be ready to perform later. During that Sunday, Julia had some big issues and had to go to the ER twice, and I just felt like I would be taking care of her kids early in the week, so I told the kids that I'd be praying that I didn't get sick so that I could take care of the kids. Bless those children’s hearts, they all prayed that I would not get sick and that I'd be able to take care of Makynlee and Isla - which I did on Tuesday. 


Cooperation - all helped though only one ate them.

Corina on one of the smallest bikes

How the dishwasher is unloaded

Two of nine

Sunday together

It is amazing how fast he can go without pedals

Oliver with his plane and plane carrier transport


Corina didn't like the card she drew


No comments: