Pages

Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Sheets are washed

 All the beds have been deflated and put away. The towels have been washed and so have all the sheets and pillow cases. The last pie was eaten and fortunately for us Maria came today and cleaned the house!

So all is back in order plus I have a Christmas tree up. It is little as I do not want a big tree getting in my way. In fact Kelsi ordered it for me after looking through the possibilities and finding a Black Friday deal.  I can carry the whole box with one finger lifting the handle.

Now it is quiet.  I like quiet, but I miss the noise and laughter. What is it about family gatherings that is soul fulling and makes me feel good? Andrew one time said it was the connections we make. 

I really enjoyed the whole Thanksgiving vacation. Anticipating and getting ready on Monday, Tuesday, and shopping Wednesday. Having Kelsi and Nate's family on Wednesday evening. Thanksgiving turkey on Thursday. On Friday we had a big get together with Matthew and Debbie's family joining us along with her dad and his wife, and also Ruth next door. Michael and Julia's family came for supper too.  Then Saturday we scaled down on numbers as Matthew and Debbie's family drove away in the afternoon and finally on Sunday we waved our last goodbye to Nate and Kelsi's family.




No comments: