Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing……..D&C 109:8


In this second week of living out of a suitcase, I’ve realized the great need to be organized.  When leaving the MTC I divided my clothes and such into keep-and-send-back to California piles and carefully washed my clothes of the week. I felt like I was prepared.  I get frustrated when digging through the suitcases to find something I know is there and disrupting all the piles until I can’t find anything the next time I get in.

District in the MTC with Sister Peterson our teacher who served in Norway
Elder and Sister Long going to Salt Lake City, Elder and Sister Archibalds going to Russia as volunteers and the Adams.
This relates to missionary work also. There are many things I know are true but they have lain collected on my memory shelves until this mission when I threw them all together and came out to serve. I need to have a bright testimony of doctrine that I know and where to find it. I know Jesus Christ lives and is our Savior and Redeemer – How do I share that conviction with others? And if I did share would I know where to find exactly what I’m looking for?

I have decided to get some 2-gallon ziplock bags and put my underwear and clothes of the day with accessories in and then when I change clothes the next day I’ll have a bag to put the dirty clothes in. I’m hoping that if I can organize and “see” where my clothes and future living things are, I won’t be so frustrated.

Everyday I read the Book of Mormon and pull out doctrines and principles so they will be fresh and bright in my mind. I’ll have to tell you another day if this all works or not.

My sister Susie and my niece Becka helped me figure out how to pack a suitcase knowing where all the items are





1 comment:

Omi said...

I am looking forward to hear more about your mission and what you guys are doing. You and Jeff are great examples to all of us.
Someday Kerry and I are hoping to serve a mission together. We think about you and pray for you often.

Love you and miss you,

Patrice and Kerry