Pages

Saturday, June 9, 2018

The Art of Ministering

One of my best friends came over and brought a meal and listened to me talk. I got to catch up a little on her family but I think she listened to my stories more. That is really a wonderful gift, to listen to someone. I had a need to share my experiences and she was gracious to listen. I have watched her for years and have taken her example of caring for children at school and neighbors seriously and I feel this is another example I can take to heart.
Memories of a great summer we had together filled my mind. Sitting together beside a swimming pool watching our children. I am so glad we took those moments because life switches and changes to another track and those occasions become precious. At the time I felt I would have forever to make choices. But those moments are fleeting and taking the time to chat, share and make connections in that moment is vital to my happiness.
Another great friend invited a few of us to lunch this week and we met up at a restaurant. Sharing and caring, and laughing is what friendship is all about. On the way back home another friend suggested going out of her way to drop me off to be with Jeffrey.  Ahh, friends are grand!
All of these little moments are what ministering to others is all about. The caring, sharing, thoughtfulness, and service are the key to making lasting connections.

No comments: