Pages

Friday, June 1, 2018

Seeing Rachel

Jeffrey and I traveled across California, Nevada and into Idaho to go see Rachel this last week. Fun, fun, fun! I had quite a bit of mother-daughter catch up chatting, walking and even a late night cookie run. I am soooo glad I do not live here. This cookie shop is fantastic and it would blow every goal I have out of the water.  Walking around campus with Rachel I realized it has been 40 or 41 years since I've been all over the campus and I only recognize a few buildings,  the design in between buildings is not even the same.
Hanging out with Rachel and getting to know her dreams and desires again, chatting about life and how is all works has been soul filling. On Thursday we went for a quick drive out to Mesa Falls so we could walk along the trail and see nature in beauty. We timed it just right between Rachel's class and the oncoming storm. Such beauty that was soothing, exciting and uplifting all in one day. There is really something about lighting, storm, rain, hail and sunshine that can be amazing.
Together again We went shopping just because we could. It's nice to do ordinary thing together
Sorry no picture of the cookies, they were gone way too fast!
On the road to a short adventure

Mesa falls

Drinking in the sights

There is something about water and lava rocks that is really appealing
Clouds but lots of sun and mild breeze

Contrast to the swirling cold bite with rain and hail - so nice to be in the car
The sun popped out again when we got to Rexburg, so Rachel and I went on a tour of the campus, though we did run into more rain. Rachel has an excellent strategy of walking through certain buildings so she only gets a little damp between them.


Rachel and I took a tour of the campus - so cool!

I forgot the red-heads name but she had a birthday. This is five of the six roommates.

Rachel and I at the apple orchard just before we were dogging rain and lighting


1 comment:

Ludlows said...

What a wonderful and fun time together, reconnecting and making new memories.