Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Newborn love

Last week I visited with Julia and Michael to see our newest grand baby Makynlee. She was born big for an infant, but holding her she is just little.  Julia is a devoted mom and Michael has bonded with his daughter. They share her care and love her very much. Michael will be heading back to school, so Julia will have the lion's share of the effort of taking care of Makynlee very soon.
This is Makynlee's favorite place to sleep. 
Julia held the baby in the bath, washing her all over and transferred her to Michael to take out of the bathroom and then they both dried her off and dressed her. They share a lot of the labor.......at least until Michael goes back to school.
We visited with Grandmama and showed off her newest great-granddaughter

Michael and Julia are great parents and are happy and doing well.
Susie, I and Michael looking over the building he works in.
Susie came to visit and I was grateful she made the effort when I came to Utah because she is so busy in her work travel and taking care of her grand babies that is was really a labor of love to come down and visit with me and Michael's family.
I really enjoyed my visit and loved watching the love Michael and Julia have for each other and their new daughter.  My heart is full of gratitude for the many blessings I have from the Lord.
I realized that I am not a working mother anymore and I don't have the muscle set of an active mom. I had forgotten what it is like to hold a baby for long periods of time. The rocking, soothing, patting and just plain holding 10 pounds in your arms works out muscles. I am tired, happy and love being a Nona.
Makynlee and I





1 comment:

Ludlows said...

So sweet. I love the last picture of you two togethe, so much love. Also, she is so alert.