Pages

Sunday, July 7, 2019

It is great to be sixty!!!

During a really great week up in the Sierra Nevada mountains at girls camp, I turned sixty years old.  I am so happy to be out of my 50's where children keep leaving home, going through the change of life physically, and wondering what's next. Now I know. Life is going to change every few years and it all about who I can serve and what I can do.
Girls camp is unique and a place to let your hair go wild and embrace the glitz. We were celebrating the fourth of July, so our leader Melissa gave us all matching leggings (which didn't match anything we brought), and Janelle gave us headbands with stars and tinsel along with blinking star necklace. Then added on top of all that glitz I got a tiara for my birthday, glasses with cupcakes and candles, and a banner that says, "birthday girl".  I can hardly do the justice of the all the tacky glam so I'll show you a picture.
Note the pants, banner, necklace, glasses, tiara, and stars with tinsel - hard to have more!

The quilt ladies of 2019 - I, Janelle Meine, Michelle Johnston, and Melissa Kidd

No comments: