Pages

Sunday, July 28, 2019

Unexpected trip to Idaho

     Last week was crunch time on schoolwork, exams, and finishing projects and papers. I didn't see much daylight. One teacher opened her exam early. So on Friday, I could see an opening ahead to freedom! I had a plan to finish the exam on Saturday and write my biography report on Sunday afternoon as I felt it was not disrespectful of the Sabbath at all.
      I got an interesting call from Rachel. Evidently, her plans fell through and she wanted her mom to come to pick her up from school.  Because I had planned ahead wanted to be done early I was able to do that.
The long trip across Nevada
     I prayed myself across Nevada and got to Idaho without falling asleep at the wheel. This time I used books on tape and listened to "A Wrinkle in Time". I sure like the fact that you can get audiobooks on the phone which can be broadcast throughout the car sound system!

     When I arrived in Rexburg at around 5:30 ish in the evening, I noted people taking pictures in their graduation robes. It dawned on me that if I had walked with my graduating class I would have been one of those taking pictures. Interesting, I wasn't even supposed to be in Idaho. Don't you love irony?

     But actually, the grades aren't even out until the 31 of July and when the diplomas will be sent out, I will be getting my diploma the same time as all these people walking around in gowns and I didn't have to sit watching hundreds of people walking across a stage.
Kat and Rachel scrubbing their apartment
Kat (Katherine Reese) and Rachel were the last ones left in their apartment and got to finish up the cleaning.
     On Thursday we headed back to California. Rachel drove from Wells, Nevada all the way to Lovelock! Life is different when all the children are adults. Kat is a lot of fun to be with!
Arriving in Lovelock, Nevada

On the way to church this morning

2 comments:

Ludlows said...

I just missed you by two weekends. I was up there for a quick visit on the 13th of July. Most of my time was spent at Bear World though.

Ludlows said...

Congratulations on finishing your degree!!! Wahoo!!!!