Pages

Friday, January 13, 2017

Saturday before Intake Week

This is the week to get caught up on everything! Our big push and rush is over to take care of all the most dire teeth. Looking at our big stack of pages of accomplished procedures is gratifying.

Did I tell you the great news?  Elder and Sister Burtenshaw are back and working here in the Dental office!
Sister Karma and Elder/Dr. Craig Burtenshaw
They were here in 2005 to 2008 as the mission president and his wife in the Philippine Olongapo Mission.
He was one of the key people in getting the MTC Dental Clinic up and running. I found this link while looking for more information about Dr. Burtenshaw.  I found him connected with Dr. Chamberlain who I know was instrumental in setting up this Dental Clinic also. I'm hoping to meet Dr. Chamberlain someday.

Today is dedicated to finishing up all my wash and getting the apartment cleaned, so I'll be posting things I've thought about for the last two weeks in the next day or so. In fact I even made Mac-n-cheese from scratch which made Jeffrey happy. As the missionaries get ready to leave on Wednesday, they don't send as many over to the Dentist and sometimes the field missionaries don't come in big groups, so it gives us more time to set things up and then explore the area around here little. I'll have time to take some of the ideas rattling around in my brain and post them.

No comments: