Pages

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Primary longings

The caveat to this post is that I'm not sure how to spell names and even if I've gotten them right - but in my mind I know who each child is!
I miss walking into church and getting Nephiah's hugs. I miss her brother Kobe considered look before he gives me a hug. I miss Shoti's exuberance and Anya's smile as he sits down next to Jeffrey. I miss Angelo coming up to sit and chat with Jeffrey. I miss Chiyo's personal notes and hug and LJ's long hugs. I miss watching Cedric come up with a considered question for Jeffrey in Sharing Time and Grant's thoughtful answers. I miss Chichum's quick access of any scripture and Chloe's chatter and smile with MDale's laugh. I miss Adam thoughtfulness and his sister Angela's quiet smile and answer. I miss Sweet's sidelong glance with a shy smile and Alex's shouting, "Hi Sister Adams!" on a crowded lane. I miss the calculations of a future engineer with Yushin and his sidekick Jaden. I finally figured out who was James and who was Joshua and then I can't see them anymore. I know Isabel has gone on vacation to the Province and wonder if she will be back. Does Mattie stick around for Sharing Time? Is Russell and Neptali on their chair or under it? Kitty's grandson - ah name escapes me, he always does well in his talks and what is the name of his sidekick - he is not shy but thoughtful, Sister Coco's daughter is shy and adorable and every once in awhile will talk on her own. Does Paulo come to class? Is Adam Ledesma happy and healthy? We have birthdays just a day apart (and a few decades).  There were so many new investigators and children who came in and out. I wonder how they are faring and how life is?

I really miss Activity Day and watching the children run around, exploring experiments, then listening to scripture stories. I miss their questions and amazing observations. They will all go on in life but I will remember them as they were in this moment.

Sharing Time

Trying to jump at the same time - some pictures are better than others - what is the name of the boy in the blue stripes?
Good times........

No comments: