Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Deja vu Moment

I went to a Filipino store that a missionary recommended to me and realized I 'd been there before. I walked into a store that I had been to about eight or nine year ago. While walking through the store looking for snack items for another missionary, a particular smell hit my brain and suddenly I was back in the Philippines with all these memories cascading over me. I stopped in my tracks and almost started to cry. I miss my friends and Ate so much!
I laughed when I got in the car to go home because a similar situation happened when I went shopping in the Philippines in a reversal of locations!  What is it about smells?
I don't know how long this store has been around, but I have been here to get lumpia wrappers with my friend years ago - though I didn't know at the time that it is Filipino - they even have street food in the center of the lobby.

Having lived in Manila these two stores are very familiar!

Really!!!! There is a Jolibee's only 5 miles away from my home!!!

No comments: