Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Grand Fun

Quick trip up to Redding to see the Grands! Since the car had to have a maintenance check on Monday, I couldn't come up until Tuesday.  There were lovely fresh strawberries just calling to me from a produce stand. The boys informed me this morning that they needed to be eaten quick because they might go rotten fast. Six baskets of strawberries gone in one evening and morning. Summer is the time for good fruit!
Today was the fun day. In the morning the boys made M&M cookies, during naps and the rest period, I sewed up some fun hooded towels so they can lay on the beach when we go to Pajaro Dunes in a few weeks and stay warm if it is foggy.
Lilly watched while her brothers made cookies

The boys picked out their towels and then played with them after they got hoods attached

All the towels spread out practicing for the beach.

This afternoon the boys made bread dough for some rolls and bread. The dough was sticky!
Getting the dough off fingers
I will be heading back to Concord late morning tomorrow as I need to alter a dress for Friday. I am really having fun being a Nona to these wonderful children. I was asked if I was going to see Makynlee in Kentucky since I've been with all the rest of the grands. Mike called tonight and said Julia and Makynlee will be in California in late August early September for a week! If I want to go see them I can visit her parents in Monterey. Hey I love beaches and they have a good one there!

No comments: