Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2019

The House is Quiet

It is Saturday evening and the house is quiet. Too quiet. No college girls giggling over a movie, no babies to hold. Jeffrey offered to go get dinner as I told him I'm up for anything I don't have to make. Actually, we have plenty of food in the cupboard because the grands didn't eat all the meals I had on the menus. But those menus all have to be made.

Everything this week didn't go perfectly. I try to stay positive all the time, but the truth is Corina slammed her head into a door and Oliver popped his chin on the cement so badly we thought he might need stitches. I tried the butterfly bandage trick, but it didn't work until I found a better tape. We also discovered that fabric bandages have a stronger glue than the regular plastic bandaids. Oliver's skin is so soft that the fabric bandaids really hurt coming off. The others slip off. Probably because he still drools a little especially with a pacifier and because he is so young.
Long bruise on the right side of her forehead
Oliver will have a small scar just like his Daddy's chin

Ultimately they both went off with bruises and a cut on their heads and my love. I hope the next week is fun, peaceful, and healthy for everyone at their Nana's house!

No comments: