Pages

Saturday, August 10, 2019

The Perseverance and Creativity of a Mother

Watching my daughter-in-law struggle through nausea, pain, and weakness while tending her children was insightful and awesome. She knew when she started her trip that she was ill with what her children and husband had had the previous week. But the crunch came one morning when I woke up to find a text from her asking me to come to pick up the baby.
Walking into the bedroom I found her curled next to her baby on the changing pad. Dehydration and weakness had necessitated her appeal to me. For a strong independent woman that must have been tough. My alarm resulted in buying Gatorade and Jello. 
Each roll was completely different

The children and I made bread (rolls) then put the pulled pork ingredients in the slow cooker and after the baby went down for a nap, we went on errands to drop off some baby quilts to another grandpa having twins this month.  
So how does a mother carry on with her children when she doesn't have the strength left to pick them up? She just carries on from a different angle.
The children were happy all day and week with all their needs taken care of
As a mother-in-law, it is hard to know where to help and jump in and when to let others do the work. I loved how Debbie was able to ask for help and yet took care of each of her children's needs.
Later in the week, I knew life was getting better for Debbie when her angle changed.
Mom doing mom things

These children have hundreds of books read to them, go out to parks often, and are receiving an education before they even begin school. Debbie is a conscientious and devoted mom and since my son is very happy, I can conclude that she is a wonderful wife too! 

No comments: