Pages

Monday, November 23, 2020

Evidence of Things Not Seen

 Nov. 3



Jeffrey took a flight to Utah last night in order to hand deliver our papers for our visas to the travel department so we can get to Ghana. In Salt Lake City he was able to go up to the 14th floor and talk with the woman who accepted the papers digitally yesterday and forwarded them on to the consulate in Ghana. The flight didn’t cost anything because we had so many airline points. Now Jeffrey is hiking up the beautiful mountain in Ogden canyon.

I started out the day with a prayer for two things. One that I could find Isla’s birth certificate quickly and two that I could find the title of the red car so we can give it away. 

Within an hour of sorting Jeffrey’s to-do pile of papers, I found Isla’s birth certificate and was very grateful for the quick answer to prayer.  As I sorted out all the papers I found car insurance and other car forms but no title to the car.  I looked all over his office and sorted out other stacks of paper but no luck.  I finished a few other tasks and visited with Laura bringing home some smoked salmon. I love going to Laura’s!  Anyway after dropping off my old iPad for recycling at Walgreens I talked to Jeffrey on the phone.  He said he thought it might be in a manila envelope. I came back and searched all the manila envelopes I could see in his office. Then I had another prayer for help finding the title. I sat quietly for a few minutes and remembered a time when Jeffrey and I put together a three ring binder of our financial dealings just in case something happened to Jeffrey and I had to take over. I wondered if the title was in the binder. I knew I had seen that binder a few weeks ago and it didn’t appear to be in Jeffrey’s office. When I walked into the bedroom and looked on the shelf there it was. A white binder we put together years ago. The first two pages held the titles of the van and the red car!

I am a little overwhelmed by the angels that are surrounding me and giving me such immediate answers to prayers. Again there wasn’t any way I could have remembered where this title was or known where to look without the heaven sent answers or nudges on where to look.  I could have spent days looking through Jeffrey’s office and never found that title.  I am so deeply grateful for the blessings of having answers to prayers at my fingertips. Thank you very much Heavenly Father for your help and ministering angels.

My ongoing prayer is that we will be ready, able, and prepared to go on this mission. So far every prayer for aid and help has been given promptly. I believe these are the assurances that are spoken about in Hebrews 11:1  "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

No comments: