Pages

Sunday, November 22, 2020

Twelve Days until we Leave

 I was asked to speak in church zoom meeting today. Almost all in person group meeting are canceled and the governor has even issued a curfew to restrict types of gatherings, so we are meeting in zoom again.

After Pomagrong spoke on how to survive the trials and that they actually help us grow stronger, Jeffrey told the branch that we are leaving on a mission to West Africa. He will be working in the Office of General Council as a lawyer for the church and I will be serving under the Area presidency. We will be in Accra, Ghana though we have been told we will travel to other countries in West Africa in the course of his duties. 

I spoke about my favorite subject of getting answers to prayers. I used Nephi's example of being able to guide, direct, and save his family over the years. He got plans from the Lord on a mountain to build a ship to bring his family across the sea. This is after learning how to use the Liahona which responded to faith and diligence. He was able to figure out the means to make a new kind of bow and where the family should go to get food. He was in direct communication with God to save him from his brothers and knew how to listen and get answers. He could even control the weather and knew when to stand and when to run. He lived "after the manner of happiness". 2 Nephi 5:27 This was in contrast to his brothers who followed the prophet (their dad) just as Nephi did and were given a promised land for their children to grow and expand on, but didn't know the highest blessing from the Lord. I gave a story from my life of listening and heeding the Lord with blessings that have 10 year ramifications, and ended with the thought that it is not enough to just “follow the Prophet”. It is crucial that we Hear Him individually.  God will give liberally to those who ask. Prayer works.

This branch is so special, spiritual, and kind. I am going to miss my friends here.

We leave on December 3! Twelve days - will I be ready? Have I done everything I can to be ready? What 'lack I yet'? 

We have had so many 'assurances' from the Lord in answers to prayers, promptings at the exact right time, and exquisite timing of circumstances to know we are suppose to go and that the Lord will have our back.

No comments: