Pages

Monday, November 9, 2020

I'm Reminded How Great Daughter-in-laws Are!!

 A couple of days ago Juna Magno (Jonah's sister-in-law) who is presently living in California, asked if her family could join us for Thanksgiving. I thought that was a marvelous idea but wondered why they wanted to celebrate Thanksgiving as there were no Pilgrims in Philippine history. When I actually talked with her, the story was that they had to be out of their present home on the 20th of November and needed a place to hang until they could go to Alaska where their grandmother and other relatives are late November or early December. 

Jeffrey and I are very happy to have them stay though I was a little concerned where they would actually sleep because Mike and Julia have two rooms, Rachel takes one, one is an office stacked with books and boxes and the other is our room in a five bedroom house. As I was talking with Juna and assuring her we had some excellent couches and definitely some air-mattresses, Julia walks in with the complete solution. She will move her girls around and put them both in her room. She'll move beds around and give the Magno's a queen size bed with a toddler bed and even move Michael's table in for a desk because Juna's husband Ezra is still attending school online the whole time they are moving.



Julia not only found a bed and bedroom solution (instead of a main room couch I offered), she even talked with her mom and her mom offered to drive the Magno's to the Amtrak station on the Saturday  the 21st when they are coming to our house. I didn't realize that the Magno's don't have a car or access to a car. Can you imagine what it would be like to be in a foreign country without a car or someone to help figure out your options? So looking up transportation, I found no busses, light-rail, or car pools that travel from Fresno to Concord. Only the Amtrak has a direct trip from Fresno to Martinez which is close to Concord. 

Julia really is a wonderful girl with a big heart and really great organizational skills to help this family she has never met. I am blessed to have her in my family!

No comments: