Pages

Monday, December 20, 2021

Bags by Bernice & More

 Bernice F. Anhrah is a gifted seamstress and is well-known by the ladies in the Area office. I was introduced to her shortly after I had arrived. She has sewn me a Sunday dress from material I bought that had been stamped and dyed by another lady, and then I had a whole  lot of things in an order of things to be made for my grandchildren.


Bernice surrounded by her beautiful items



In front of her shop. An assistant is opening the gate


A little tender mercy happened while I was visiting. I had asked God to help me find the right type of material to finish the stockings for the third floor office personnel. Bernice called and said to come in because an order that had been stuck in a container in the port had come in! While I was there I noted her white backing and asked how easy it would be to get it. She closed her shop, and took me right away to a little outdoor market where it was easy to get just the fabric I needed. Ask God, get an answer.

The best thing that has happened lately is the fabric cutter that she ordered and that I went to pick up. I expect it to help Dumevi in his business. Instead of cutting each piece of material out individually, he will be able to cut lots of layers quickly. I am excited to see it all come together.

No comments: