Pages

Monday, December 20, 2021

Still Processing Feelings

 Yesterday was an odd/weird/good/wonderful day. On our way to church we came to a stop and a man was on the meridian sitting with a raised hand for (presumably) a handout. I rolled down the window and handed him a biscuit. He was insulted and started shouting in incomprehensible words and slapped my hand so the package of biscuits went flying. I rolled up the window and watched the children across the street head over to get some biscuits.

 The man crawled over and picked up the package and still shouting threw it on the car where it rolled to our windshield. Meanwhile the children were begging for treats at Jeffrey's window and he was getting overwhelmed by the hands and 'hello, hello, hello!!!" I told him to just pass the rest of the bag out and don't try to give each person one. They then fought over the bag and wanted more from Jeffrey. The light turned green and we thankfully made a U turn. At the next stop we gave our usual two men their apples, biscuits and cedi and they gave us beautiful smiles and Happy Sabbath wishes. I handed a bag of biscuits to a woman who waits every week and she gave me a happy smile. We were greeted very warmly at church and asked to stay after so we could be shown some things. The meeting was warm and friendly. 

I was asked to come over to where the women were congregating while they set up Sunday School and discussed the idea that we needed to meet on Friday at 3 pm to clean the church and then come on Saturday morning at 8 am for the Wedding that would be celebrated. What is it like getting married on Christmas Day? I think my Grandmother Lore was married on Christmas Day. I love being included with the ward ladies.

I was given two very colorful dresses that I had forgotten about and now have African print dresses to wear to the wedding and to church. That was fun. The Bishop and Sister Addy showed us the presents that Sister Addy has been making for all the men and women in our ward. She made ties and wallets for the men and fans and little purses for the women. I had given her money a long time ago and this was very cool to see it done. All of it was very nice, though different from what I had envisioned. That is ok. Next week we will give them out after the hour of church. 

Taking Dumevi home we ran into some more demanding children who got in front of the car and barely left when the light turned. It was nice to pull in past our security guard and know that we were free from desperate beggars. I tried to think how Christ would have taken care of it all. I am not sure how I feel





No comments: