Pages

Monday, November 7, 2016

Christmas Lasts for Four Months



I just have to think Kelsi would approve of this custom here.

For Halloween they had a party in the lobby of our apartment building with all kinds of life size creatures (next to a Christmas tree). Evidently in September the Christmas decorations come out and Christmas music can be heard in the malls and stores. There are rows of Christmas trees in the store windows and a huge tree in the middle of the circle outside of the malls and apartments. Everything is lit up during the night in tiny lights. I don’t know if it is all the time or special for Christmas. Last night I saw fireworks going off behind some distant high risers. It was very beautiful though I have no idea what the celebration was for. The temperature is around 82 to 85 degrees and it has rained quite a bit in the last few days. I’m wrapping my brain around a warm tropical Christmas season.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the sunsets so beautiful.
Mom would have loved the four month Christmas celebration.
This seems so fun to celebrate Christmas from the first of September to January 6th, the day of the Epiphany (or the Three Kings. I looked it up and I think it sounds great.
With door-to-door candy collecting, firecrackers and holiday lights, this holiday feels like America's Halloween, 4th of July, and Christmas all rolled into one huge four month holiday.