Pages

Friday, February 2, 2018

Different than my normal

A lady I absolutely love was made a Young Woman's president last Sunday. She was understandably a little overwhelmed and asked for some advise. I was so happy for her and rattled off some things I thought were important.
In the early morning hours I was thinking about our Activity Day and how excited the kids were to make the sacrament bread for church, so I told this new YW president how fun it was and how the kids were excited and how much fun I thought her girls would have doing it. She asked about the materials and I said I'd send them home with her husband. She said she would do it.
I have been making bread since I was eight years old and my mom thought I was old enough - so I didn't even think through the ramifications of making homemade bread in this instance.
The family doesn't own an oven, the church does not have an oven - or refrigerator, freezer, bowls, pots, pans, utensils etc., etc. Only a sink, shelves and a table, that's it.
I realised she is going to climb a high mountain on my advise and I'm humbled anew of the dedication and work those around me go through EVERY day.
I sent bread ingredients and loaf pans in a back pack, and will send a recipe and also I will send a step-by-step guide starting with 1. Ask to use an oven. 2. Pack up two bowls, a spoon, dish soap for clean up.......I'm wondering how to tell her how the bread dough feels when it is smooth and elastic and ready to rise.......Her first time making bread will be with 13 to 15 girls learning how to make bread for the first time too.
I wish I could just go over and make it with them. I'm trying to decide how I feel about opening my mouth........without thought process...........which is my normal.

No comments: