Pages

Friday, June 4, 2021

Only if you are in a hurry

 Brent Belnap has been giving some really great classes - one hour devotionals - but you can tell he was an institute or adult teacher because of his great slides, handouts, and discussion questions. We didn't discuss anything because he only had an hour each night to give his presentation. 

Last night I gave myself time to get to the class with room to spare - but very little. I heard the keys slide as I jump in the high seat of the car. So I jumped out to find them. Having lost them before, I know the places to look but found them just where they were supposed to be, so I jumped back in and heard my dress rip on the door frame at the same time I realized it is my house key that is missing from my phone, wallet, and car keys. Holding my dress shut in back as I lean over the console, seat and search on the floor boards was tricky. I kept looking up to see who was in back of me. Bending down made it rip further. 

The Parry's come out into the garage and say hi, while I give them a quick run down of my little problem with the Despains coming right after. Both couples help me look all over with their phone flashlights before I tell them to go on, that I will go get another key from the front desk, change my dress and come anyway - and look for the key later. Having gone through the whole front of the car - under matts, door-well, under and around the seats - without finding the key, they go on to the class and I give a quick review to Jeralie to tell Jeffrey as she comes down on her way for the class. 

When I get to the front desk and tell them my little problem (trying to keep the column at my back) I find that they cannot come up with another key to my front door. He asked if he could help me find it. Yes, I thought that would be a great idea and he enlists another man on his way down to the garage. By now I've slowed down a bit and thought of every single move I had made and what I had heard - of course I'm praying I find my key. 

They looked in all the places that had been looked already and I am going through what I did. I told the security guard that I had put my phone on the dash for a minute, so he looked all over the deck on the front window and found the key on the steering column behind the wheel. Prayer answered. I thanked him profusely as I ran up the stairs, then got another dress and was only 8 minutes late. The class was excellent understanding on the Islam and Muslim world.

I now have a zippered pocket in my purse (though I hate carrying purses) and a fold to put the car keys in so I do not have to pull them out, I can just push the fob to open and shut the door and the car starts without keys. I should never have ANY lost key in the car again.

Knock on wood.....

No comments: