Pages

Friday, June 11, 2021

Oops, sometimes good things go wrong -

 Just before Jeffrey left for the week, I told him about the various endeavors that I would be doing and asked for cedis to accomplish them. He went to the bank and I put the various amounts in little baggies with names written on them so I would be organized. 

Tiles that have water under them are ripped up 

Cement is laid down and tiles are put down and re-grouted


At the first of the week, I told myself if I had money left over I would give some to the apartment workers to buy lunch as a thanks for the extra work they are doing because we have had tiles pounded up and replaced. Cement dust is EVERYWHERE and the apartment staff workers mop, dust, and clean off all the outdoor halls, windows, balconies, and public floors extra times a day so life is breathable. 

When I met with Juliet and Dumevi outside of the Area office I handed them baggies of cedis and unknown to me I handed him the baggie I'd earmarked for the apartment workers to Brother Dumevi. It had double the amount I had in a baggie for him. 

When I handed Petra the cedis for a thank-you lunch, I told her there was 400 cedis in the bag, but she came up a few minutes later to show me the bag didn't contain 400 cedis. That is when I noticed Dumevi's name on it. Big oops! Brother Dumevi probably thought I was being extra generous until I texted him the problem. We got it worked out. He didn't act disappointed at a all, just gave his thanks for the meals. He told me who he was giving meals to. Margaret who wasn't on his list, called me that night and said Thanks for the meal - which was very nice of her.

Brother Dumevi going out with his meals for ward members






No comments: