Pages

Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Somebody in Heaven Loves Me

 This is the second morning Jeffrey and I walked to the Area Office. It was nice that it was overcast and a little cooler than normal but I still was dripping with sweat when I arrived. No worries, I brought a dress and some sandals to change into. 

Today was the third annual Strengthening The Family conference held at the Christiansborg Stake Center next to the Accra Temple. We were asked to be ushers, greeters and to help move people where they needed to go. I had a great time greeting all who came - chiefs, men surrounded by policemen, ladies in African dress and media personnel along with members of the stakes and some others who were interested. 

Kenneth Andy Agbe-Carbonu was playing a keyboard with back-up instrumentation and singing hello to everyone. It was a very dance-able music that just made you want to tap your toes and had a few of us stepping out to the beat.  He played "Love At Home" a few times and ad-libbed songs to say things to and about the people coming in and good things about families. Several times I would hear Sister Adams good morning in his song patter. I had to get a picture with him.


Upstairs and downstairs and around the building I went. But it was greeting people at the front door that was the best, but also the hottest. My nicely curled hair was straight about a half hour in. My feet were done about an hour and a half in.


This was Communications baby and Emelia Ahadjie and Elder and Sister Parry were directing traffic and taking care of all the little details. I thought it looked and felt very successful. The halls were lined with different "booths" or tables with Pathways, Young Single Adult materials, Family History booklets and genealogy pages as well as making stories, there was a Self-Reliance section about a number of things like job enterprises and also Child and Youth development pamphlets and brochures. A really cool section was all about Gathering Places and what educationally is available in small locations all around West Africa. Lots and lots of reasons why the family and it's development and structure are important to society.

When my job was done, I slipped back over to the opposite side of the compound to the cold Area office. But when I sat down I was too tired. Luckily Jeffrey was tired too and willing to work from home. I asked the Lord if we could find a ride home as we walked down the stairs. Going out of the office I didn't see anyone I knew by their cars, walking down Independence Avenue the cars were going too fast and in the wrong way. One taxi honked but I think it was at another car. As we turned left around the corner, the Despains happened to be turning right off of Independence Avenue onto the same street. 

Elder Despain rolled down his window and asked if we wanted a ride. I told him he was an answer to prayer though he was more worried about what was in his back seat.

I told Jeffrey as we got off the elevator on the second floor while the Despains went on to the fifth floor that the Lord answered my prayer. He asked if I had really prayed about getting a ride. I reply, "Yes, I did, and it just goes to show that somebody in Heaven loves me."


No comments: