Pages

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

A Yellow Butterfly - that was not

 A few days ago I noticed a yellow butterfly on the sidewalk. As I came up to it, it did not fly away. When I came right up above it, I noted that the wind was actually causing a leaf to open and shut. I took a video and showed it to my grandkids on Marco Polo. Today I saw some more of those leaves and picked them up. The trees they fall off of have small and very large leaves - all green of course. The bigger the leaf the less it looks like a butterfly. But the small ones.......

When the leaves fall of the tree they usually collapse folded

Opened up they are beautiful and similar to a butterfly

The larger ones look less and less like a butterfly



Sorry, I could not word my question right in google to figure out what kind of tree these leaves came from. Inquiring minds will have to go somewhere else.

No comments: