Pages

Monday, February 8, 2021

Nutella Brownies!

 I was assigned to bring dessert for a dinner - twelve people. Jeralie Hymas told me about a simple great idea for quick brownies - Nutella Brownies! This is something a kid could do - well supervised while using microwave and oven - but still.....

Nutella Brownies (from Jeralie Hymas)

PREP Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 45 minutes

Ingredients

1 and 1/4 cups (350 grams) Nutella melted till runny - microwave 30 seconds
2 large eggs + 1 egg yolk
1/2 cup plain/all-purpose flour
opt: 1/4 teaspoon salt

1. Preheat oven to 180˚C/350˚F/Gas 4. Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with parchment/baking paper and set aside.
2. In a mixing bowl whisk together Nutella and eggs until smooth and combined.
3. Add flour/optional salt, fold until combined.
4. Pour the batter into prepared pan and bake 25 - 30 minutes - until center is no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted comes out almost clean with just a few moist crumbs.
5. Allow to cool completely in pan or on wire rack before cutting into squares.

Note

Brownies will stay fresh stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for a week. They also freeze well for up to three months. Thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.

Simple three ingredient Nutella Brownie recipe

These eggs came super large or smaller in the same package. I used the super large for the 2 eggs and the small eggs for the yolk added


I doubled the recipe but the jar was 750 grams instead of 700 that I needed, oh well

For Grandkids: Make sure your oven is pre-heated


Grandkids: line your pan with parchment paper - I cut off triangle on the edges so it wouldn't be bulky

Microwave your Nutella for 30 seconds - even if you double the batch

To separate an egg, use another little bowl, crack the egg in half letting the white part drip into your bowl. Pour the egg from one half of the shell to the other letting the white part drip into the bowl. Then add just your egg yolk to your microwaved Nutella



For a double batch - four eggs with white and two egg yolks - mix till combined

Add flour - I added a 1/4 extra because of the added 50 grams of Nutella - it makes a cake like brownie.

Stir around until all combined

Pour batter into your prepared pan, I scrapped my out with a spatula. For the grands: Caution the eggs may have a germ that will make you sick if you eat the batter before it is baked.

I smoothed out the top with the spatula

Then put my pan into the oven to bake - mine took almost 30 minutes

After taking it out of the oven, I lifted the whole parchment paper lined brownie cake and let it cool on a wire rack. 
I forgot to take a picture of the brownies on the plate and when I got back from the dinner they were practically all gone. You'll have to send me a picture of your batch!
Someday when someone else wants me to make dessert, I will experiment and see if I can make them eggless for Oliver. I'll bet with extra baking powder you wouldn't need the eggs.

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

Thank you for sharing. We don't have school tomorrow and this will be the perfect activity for the boys.