Pages

Thursday, February 11, 2021

Adding Color


 I have a really great apartment, furnishings and quality of life in this spacious place. The grey and gold is a nice basic color, but I like a spat of color - especially red. 

I went to "Bags by Bernice & More" a shop operated by Bernice F. Anharah on Asafoatse Odeweni Lane in Accra. Bernice specializes in Aprons (I have one), placemats, Shirts (Jeffrey has three on order), Ladies dresses (I have two on order), Bags, Kids wear (such cute dresses and shirts!), African dolls (they are adorable and each has a baby), Runners, Table Cloths, Ties, scripture covers, backpacks (of every size), pillow cases (I have four in my living room), bow ties and bows, satchels, book bags, and will custom make anything you ask. I asked her to make a baby quilt and burp clothes for a coming new mama in our office.

New today

I am not an interior designer so I could use some feedback. Should I put the white pillows up with the color ones or leave the grey? Whatever looks right, I am happy to have more color!

Now I'm looking for real pictures - from an artist and hopefully framed. I am not into the 'arty' pictures of skinny Africans and animals in the extract. I'd like a picture that is just a few steps away from a portrait or photograph. A little interpretive of an idea or emotion is important. I want to feel the artist's feeling of importance to him/her. Life is good.

1 comment:

Ludlows said...

I'm not an interior designer either, but I wonder if white pillows would make the colored pillows pop a bit more. Maybe take a picture with the white ones and see what you like best.