Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Regardless of the Title - My Job

 Last Wednesday, I was introduced at the Sister Scripture Study as the new Zone Leader. The Executive Secretary to the Area President didn't really know what my title was, but knew what my responsibilities were. As I looked over the jobs required and needed I realized this is really a Zone Secretary position, because in my book a leader is one who would read all the particular scriptures/facts and come up with a direction or insight. This new position of mine is to keep records, organize dates and information, and plan get togethers that I don't actually have to even go to. It is a job right up my alley as it is a very good supportive role. So when someone asks what my job is, I am going to say I am the Zone Secretary.

Keeping track of everyone's phone number and email, sending out reminders of Scripture Study, getting opening and closing prayers, setting up Zone Conferences i.e. opening and closing prayers, making sure the physical facilities set up happens (whether zoom or building), typing up a program, etc., encouraging tours and trips, setting up pot luck and assigning a speaker for a family home evening (if and when we meet in groups again), and putting together a book of information and pictures for those who are going home. Everything on the list is what a good secretary does and this is going to be fun!

Accra Temple, Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints


No comments: