Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2021

New View

 On Monday, Gerald Edgar a man I have only met on zoom, gave a spiritual thought that is squirreling away in  my mind.

He quoted Doctrine and Covenants 15 & 16:6 "...of the most worth unto you will be to declare repentance unto this people..." He wanted to know of how that is of relevance to us? How do you declare repentance unto people? The Bible dictionary has this description of repentance: "...denotes a change of mind, a fresh view about God, about oneself, and about the world."  Brother Edgar said that was something he could work with. He could talk to people about a new view of God, a new view of himself, or a new view of the world. He could be an example of goodness and he could testify of Christ. 

I've been thinking a lot about the fact that in our family we all have such different views. One son posted a study he had done on some scriptures he was thinking about. His brothers, dad, and uncle chimed in and then the daughter-in-laws all had some very pertinent views. Then a year later one of my daughter-in-laws came up with a question that got immediate results from other daughter-in-laws and the emails were off and running!  When we combine these different factors and view points, I think we come a lot closer to the center of truth. My violet colored lens will see differently than a rose, blue, or yellow tinted glasses. I am always surprised when someone shows me what is right in front of my eyes that I overlooked or never noticed. 

To be aware that we need to seek out a new view of God and share that with another person is doable.


No comments: