Pages

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Timing

 It is interesting how the Lord can work out the details of a tender mercy. Thursday night I had trouble turning off my mind to sleep. Every few hours I would get up and finish up something I was thinking about. Then early in the morning I fell asleep. Jeffrey seeing me so deeply asleep did not wake me to leave to go to Sacramento to take care of the grands. We were about an hour late.

What a fun time! Jeffrey and James went off to the Park close by and later I fed James lunch. He had very strict ideas on what and how he wanted it prepared. Catsup on the bread with the hot dogs beside cut up.


We picked up Corina and James from the elementary school. 





After snacks and a little quiet time. The boys headed off to walk to the Park with Jeffrey, while Corina and I cruised down quite a few streets with the name Arden - Garden Arden, Arden road, Arden Way, Express Arden something or other till we finally found JoAnn's Fabric Store to pick up material for Corina's Anna Cape for Halloween. Corina and I took almost an hour going to and from the store about half an hour in the store and another half hour trying to fill the tank with gas. We had to call Matthew for directions concerning the car. So by the time we got back the boys and Opa had already walked back from the park and it was time to prepare for supper.



After supper, Jeffrey read some stories from different Saints journals. The kids were looking for more imaginative stories. But later when they got ready for bed, they enjoyed his rendition of Helaman's Strippling Warriors.

Opa is showing how the armies were one behind the other in their marching

Tender Mercy

Unknown to me, the fact that I was asleep before 9 o'clock proved beneficial to our stay with the grands. At about 3:30 am, Jeffrey gives me a nudge and says, "Somebody is crying."  I found poor Corina in the bathroom where she had thrown up. I had given many prayers that the boys would be ok and not have an allergy reaction to anything I did or prepared. But Corina must have picked up one of the 24 hour virus that float around schools and children. After she threw up a second time, she went straight into the shower to wash off while I cleaned the floor and put in a load of wash.
I gave her a pan in case she threw up again, and she went to bed. But half an hour later she was crying again and I knew she wouldn't get back to sleep. We went out to the living room and I pulled up Disney's "Mulan". Before the movie ended the boys were awake. Before the sun had even come up! The tender mercy for me was that I had enough sleep to go through that day without being tired.

No comments: