Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Following up

 Jeffrey's role is to execute his mom and dad's trust and make sure everyone gets what they have been promised. I was happily surprised at the fact that there wasn't any wrangling or angst about who got what from Beverly's effects. I have watched other families split apart after a parent dies. But everyone went over and picked up one or two things that meant something and there wasn't the drama over items.

 I did feel bad that Beverly's wedding ring and opal ring from Duke were never found. I sure hope they were not lost at my place. That was the only thing Kim wanted and we couldn't find it.

Jeffrey spent most of Wednesday afternoon and Thursday going over and verifying what he needed to do to put the Trust money into Duke and Beverly's children hands. Even after we got back home, he was still calling, reading, filling out reports and talking to bank and corporate officials. 

research

Dressing Beverly

I got to see Carol, Sarah, Jenifer and Mike when they came down to take care of Beverly for the last time.  So they all went over with Kim and her family - actually I think it was all the women, no men - and they dressed and made Beverly to look nice for the viewing.  I didn't make it as I was doing my calling for the Hospice. As it was a holiday, I called several lists for those who were out. 


It was nice to reconnect for a few minutes. Life is good
Sarah, Jenifer, Carol and Mike Adams



No comments: