Pages

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Smack along side of the Head - - figuratively

 




Nature couldn't have put on a better show for me. All the snow was colored gold. It was awesome to be there in person. The beauty fills a piece in my heart. I went over to the condo with Jeffrey and Debbie for some reason. Kindra and her family were just packing up and leaving.  We gave hugs goodbye and went to finish whatever it was we came for.

That's when it hit me. Beverly Adams, my friend, loving mother in law, companion in jigsaw puzzles, warm figure to my children and grandchildren, great cook, music teacher, accompanist, and mother to my husband was gone. The empty shelves, walls, and packed up boxes was as clear as the glassed over eyes of my dead cat. She is gone.

So now I'm having a moment with people who have already accepted that Beverly is gone. I just wander a minute.

Debbie has looked through the music to see if she wants to bring anything home and then she sits down at Beverly's piano and plays. Her eyes, soul, and body are wrapped up in her music and she doesn't see anyone at all. In that instance I wanted her to have that piano that she had played in college while going to school, played duets with Beverly for their mutual enjoyment, and loved so much. Music is part of Debbie's soul and that piano.....well......

it would take up all the space in her living room without any place for the children. I have no place to store it at my house until she did get a house, and her mom has a small place with no room either.

So I cried a bit because a tie to my life is gone. I cried a bit because Debbie couldn't have this dream. And I cried because an era is over.





No comments: