Pages

Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Last Dinner with Nausin's

 I really have some of the best friends in the world. I am so grateful that Grandma Nausin kept asking us when we had very young children to come swim in her pool. The year I took her up on her offer, I met her daughter Michelle (we have sons the same age), and I met Laura her daughter in law who has come to be a very dear friend. Before those years, I used to hang out with Debbie Penovich and her family - such great times together. When she went back to a physical place to work, those trips faded away. The New Year's eve parties were epic as she had all the kids over. They know how to celebrate with children and teens. I better not start naming all my friends as this post would be waaaaay too long.

Last night we went to the Nausin's house for dinner where Laura had made a Chipolte style dinner that was very yummy. Grandma Nausin and Vickie (Dana's sister and my girls camp buddy) were there and we all enjoyed the finish of a basketball game. I can't say I have any interest as I don't know anybody. I like games where I know the participants. So the finals of NBA basketball are not my priority. Still it's nice sitting around with friends eating, talking, and watching TV.  

It was the only calm part of the day. I had no idea that moving out of the house has so many little details and parts. It is much easier to shove everything into the garage and let the kids take care of everything. Turning over the house for renting and moving out is complicated. I made lists. I checked off lists. I just hope I didn't forget anything that was not on a list.

Jeffrey, Laura, Dana, I, Grandma, and Vickie


No comments: