Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Ok, short someday!

 This morning was free time as Jeffrey has meetings most of the afternoon - so we went on an Adventure!

We took a helicopter ride over Victoria Falls. This was Jeffrey and my first time in a helicopter. What a great view! We opted for the long trip instead of the short one - twelve minutes versus 25 minutes - and found it was worth it. Our pilot took us on sweeps of the gorge with different views of the falls, and then went up the river between Zimbabwe and Zambia then over the animal preserve where we saw a giraffe, herds of elephants, and some antelope. We had a really great time! 

Jeffrey is on calls and I'm still razzed at our trip. Then to make my day better - I found my computer attachment that reads my SD files in my camera case.  Life is good.



It is hard to show the grandeur and length of these falls in these little small short pictures. Being inside of the picture flying with the birds was a huge high for me. The country is so flat and suddenly the water falls off the edge of these cliffs in a magnificent rush of water. The wind in the gorge pushes the water up so high it will come back down as rain -- as we found out on Monday. 






What a way to start my trip to Africa - With Elephants!








No comments: