Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Grease Traps

If you have a weak stomach, skip this post.

Underneath the kitchen sink in our apartment is a grease trap. While waiting for the elevator, the TV monitor has little bits of advise for many different things. One of those things was how to take care of the grease trap under the sink. The advise was to have it cleaned out once a month. I thought about it and I've never had it done and we've been here over a year.
Today I knew I would be home and asked maintenance to come clean the grease trap...... Oh, yucky!
Allen takes care of many messy jobs including hauling the trash

He opened the lid and added deferent to the soupy yuck, which slightly helped the smell of rotting food. He had to scoop much of the goo out by hand into his bucket

The traps keep tiny food particles and grease from clogging up the lines. Only water goes through. My trap was almost ready to overflow...............gross, gross.......good thing I followed that prompting to have it cleaned........

Amazing the difference! Allen took the filter out and cleaned it out nicely. 

After thanking him for a job well done, I told him I'd see him next month.


No comments: