Pages

Thursday, January 11, 2018

No camera

Words can't describe feelings and pictures can only help. So when I leave home without my camera I'm really stuck on how to explain what I'm feeling.
I got lost in Cubao, I know it is because I went without Jonah again. After sitting for about 50 minutes going almost 5 blocks, I slipped down a side street and - yup - got lost in twisty narrow lanes. But I did remember the main streets Jonah pointed out and looked for anything that resembled one. The twin orange buildings let me know I was close, so I only back-tracked a little bit and found a parking garage I've never been in before. Phun, phun , phun.
I walked through mall halls I don't remember and across a skyway that I do remember and found exactly what I was looking for. Since I pray over about everything, I felt my prayers were answered that I didn't have an accident or cause an accident (close - but still), found what I was looking for, and got back home in one piece. Thank you Lord.
Going on a visiting teaching trip today was really magical. I still don't understand the language and Lady Q doesn't understand me but she usually asks me to pray when I go with the other ladies. She laughs because I always bring something. Today it was a rug. A backhoe was pulling up one side of her street (lane? bigger than an alley, smaller than a road),  and men were putting down large cement pipe sections that will drain the water and sewer away. It is really too bad I didn't have a camera. The process is amazing, but the really interesting part is the fact that anyone can go right up to the trench being dug. I don't think OSHA has any counterpart in Quezon City or probably anywhere in the Philippines.
We visited three ladies and I have to tell you I really love going to Sister Henry's home. Her son will be coming home in 50 odd days (She knows the exact time and hour).  She is very smart, funny and compassionate. She is the one to ask me about Jonah and wanted to know if she was coming back.
We also visited with the Bishop's wife and saw their children too. I really had a lot of fun but can't remember all the things we talked about. I can remember the feeling.....but how to describe the warmth, joy, love and peace.........ah that is a conundrum.

No comments: