Pages

Friday, January 26, 2018

Musings

Are undefinable blessings Grace? I know that answers to prayers can come quickly or over time and usually the answer is bigger than the anticipated result. The longer I am on this mission the higher my 'contentment' level rises. I'm not referring to the joy I feel when I know the Lord has answered an immediate plea (though that is really cool!) this is a overall accumulating feeling of peace.
Have you ever wondered what glory is? There are many references in the Bible about glory. Something that is sought for, something that is felt or seen, something that is great, something that is knowledge and light, something that can be gained or lost.
I'm really not an analytical person but every once in awhile I want to understand something on a deeper level. What is bringing me the happiness I enjoy? I know all good things come from God. For some reason He is giving me a glimpse of enjoyment that I think is found in heaven. Problems don't melt away and challenges are still tough but behind it is that confidence and feeling of assurance that an answer will be there.
Grace, glory, goodness.......I think mere words are so inadequate in definition. I need a story or picture.
What is glory? What is the difference between glory and grace? Grace - Divine means of help or strength - a part of glory? Good is such a broad term. Goodness is positive, Grace is positive, Glory is positive if real.
I'll have to get one of my analytical sons or brother-in-laws to give me a good definition.
Feel free to send me an email if you have an answer.

No comments: