Pages

Friday, January 8, 2021

Beautiful Mosque in Accra

 We drive by this beautiful Mosque quite often. Every time I visualize it in a setting with trees, flowers and a beautiful lawn. In reality it is just where it is suppose to be to serve the many people who live around it. One side of the street has lots of tiny cement homes connected together with little running corridors. Store fronts are on the actual street and they are all small one family endeavors. Behind the Mosque are buildings of every sort. So this beautiful building is just where it can serve the most people.

In Accra, Ghana

I think the reason I notice it so often is that Jeffrey is slowly learn Arabic in his free time. Which is ironic as I have lots of free time right now, but I'm the one who sews in her free time. 

Jeffrey is very interested in the Koran and all the similarities he is finding with the beliefs he knows and shares. I suspect he would like to read it in it's actual language.

Right now I am intrigued by a quilt block called the African Queen. When I googled it to figure out how to make it, I ended up at a blog that I found was the current Area President's wife, Sister Martinez. Last summer she made this quilt and ended up on Pinterest where I found her blog.  Little circles of connection everywhere.

No comments: