Pages

Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Warning signs

 Making my bed one day, I noted what looked like fine sand under the bed. I figured it was dust that had gathered from the long months that no one had lived here. When I swept it up, the "dust" was only in one place and it actually looked and felt like fine sawdust.



Quite a bit of sawdust

What is this? I went along with my days and thought I'd check later and see if anymore "dust" showed up as we are now living every day here and there wouldn't be any settling of old dust.

Ominous result today when I looked under the bed -

A new pile of sawdust

I can only think it is termites. In the National Geographic the pictures of termites are in great big mounds with bugs crawling all over the place. I haven't seen a single bug, but obviously there is something.

Our new apartment cleaner, Bobby, came for the first time today, so I asked him about it. He said yes it is termites and that there is a special wood spray I can get.

I'm sure there is some good scriptural discussion in here as a metaphor....meanwhile I'll go look up wood sprays.

























No comments: