Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2022

It's just for Peace of Mind

 Sister Call was surprised that I was so "causal" today. I wore a pair of capris instead of the usual dress. She said she was surprised because even on outings I usually wear a dress - well yeah, its cooler.

I had to explain that I'd had a little tiny dot removed on my leg and that it was nothing serious or even noteworthy, it was just for my peace of mind. In fact the Band-Aid is 12 times bigger than the wound.


Back in January I got a few dozen mosquito bites and as I was itching them I ran into this bite that was taller and red. I thought I'd either reacted to a bite or been bitten by something more serious. I came back from our trip and the mosquito bites started to die down. One night I shaved my legs and ran right over that red bump and sliced the top right off. It bled and bled. Legs usually don't give off so much, but what do you know, it did this time. So I just waited for it to heal. And waited and waited. Here I am in April and it is still a tiny bit tender when you push on it.


Dr. Gibbs thought it was probably scar tissue. I kept thinking of all the bad things it could be - though I know it really is just fine as I already sliced it in half - I wanted it out. I've heard of flies laying their eggs in unaware hosts and worms that latch on and have to be pulled out a little at a time. I just wanted peace of mind. Dr. Gibbs  with his wife Diane took a few minutes, numbed it up, and didn't find anything strange when he took the bump out. Yeah!

I told him the scissors he had were very cool and just right for sewing. They clip the edges of curves in little stuffed animals nicely. When I left he gave me the scissors!! Wow! 

Whenever I use them I am going to think about he and his wife. Thanks for the assurance sans eggs.



No comments: