Pages

Friday, April 8, 2022

Such a lovely day!

 It was one of those days that I had accomplished much. Laundry was sitting out over the drying rack and sheets were draped over the couches, the material for the trousers was spread out on the counter and I was making good progress in stacking up the finished pieces that had been cut out. I got a call from Emmy asking if I wanted to go out to several stores to show Jerie where they were and to visit Bernice so Jerie could get some pants tailored and hemmed. I put down the scissors and thought, "Why not?"

Emmy is an able driver and the four of us wives from the Office of General Counsel here in Accra had a very nice afternoon! Of course the traffic was it's usual "I'm in the middle of a video arcade race" with the results being more than a beep or plop on the screen. I think it was Jerie, but maybe Lisa who said (after another near miss),"Survival is a productive endeavor!" Our new traveling motto.

Emmy Burton, Lisa Porter, Jerie Jacobs, and I

After going to Palace and getting groceries and Jerie some household goods, we ended up at Fairway a store that sells lots of European groceries that is just fun to shop at. We got a picture from the guard in the parking lot. I love the security personnel as they are willing to take a picture or direct your car out of the lot through the obstacles.

The we were on our way to Bernice's sewing shop. It is so fun to go to her shop as you can see and look at so many fun things! She did some show and tell on some really great quilts that she is making and I love her pillows, aprons, bags, dolls, and cases. She has material from Mali and so many wonderful things. She has a white board of items she is making for missionaries and has their departure dates so she can prioritize what needs to happen first.

Of course we all bought something! Shopping is great with friends

Bernice is a good friend and is so talented - we all had a really great time!


No comments: